I make a list of work to get done around here.
And it just keeps growing....
- The garden is still requiring mulch
- transplanting and reseeding are in order
- lamb tails need to be docked
- clostridial vaccines are due for the lambs
- chicken pens need cleaned out
- chickens are due for their delousing and mineral oil foot dip
- hay mow needs to get cleaned and ready for this years crop
- horse vaccines and teeth floating time
- riding ring needs dragged
- fences need mending
- cattle need moved
- fence posts need cutting
- young bulls need to be steers
- chicken tractors need building, meat birds are coming soon
Lots to due!!
Tomorrow I have a viewing on my ewe lamb,Cricket, for a possible new home....if I decide to sell her this will be the first time I have sold a ewe lamb.
This is bitter sweet.
I have had only ram lambs to part with before,it will be sad to see my babies go but I'm glad there is interest for a new potential breeder!
The coyotes are thick around here.
Five am,while driving just moments from my house we had a good size,taller then, but same body size as a border collie,coyote cross the road in front of us.
I immediately grabbed my camera but the pictures turned out to dark to share...disappointing as it was fascinating to see another one so close in the past few weeks.
I would guess it was female as it was no where near the size of the one in our field a few weeks ago.
We have some new additions....nine Mille Fleur booted Bantams!
They are so tiny,like timbits with legs!
Miss Mille is a great mom,she will let me hold her chick and still hold her with out getting grumpy.
Just one tiny bum sticking out!